« EdellinenJatka »
* The Lord will work, and who shall let it? Who will say unto him, What dost thou? He is in one Mind, and who can turn him? The Lord hath purposed, and who shall disannul it? His Hand is stretched out, and who shall turn it back? Behold, he taketh away, who can hinder him? And who can make that straight which he hath made crooked?
* Who is he that faith, and it cometh to pass, when the Lord coinmandeth not? When he giveth Quietness, who then can make 'Trouble? And when he hideth his Face, who then can behold him, whether it be done against a Nation or against a Man only?
y Who is able to stand before him? Who may stand in his Sight, when he is once angry? Who hath hardened himself against him, and hath prospered ? In his Hand is Power and Might, so ihat none is able to withstand him ; neither is there any
that can deliver out of his Hand. z The Things which are impoffible with Men are poffible with God; For the Weakness of God is stronger than Men; and those that walk in Pride, he is able to abafe.
Why then doth thy Heart carry thee away, that thou turnest thy Spirit against God? Haft thou an Arm like God? or canst thou thunder with a Voice like him? Can thine Heart endure, or can thy Hands be strong in the Days that he
9. 12. 41. 10.
w Isa. 43. 13. Job 9. 12. Job 23. 13. Isa. 14. 27. Job Ecclef. 7. 13• x Lam. 3: 31:
Job 34• 29. y job Pfal. 76. 7.
Deut. Job 9. 4. 2 Chron. 20. 6. z Luke 18. 27.
1 Cor. 1. 25.
Dan.4. 37 32. 39 Job 15. 12, 13. Job 40. 9.
Ezek, 22. 14.
Thall deal with thee? Deck thyself now with Majesty and Excellency, and array thyself with Glory and Beauty: Cait abroad the Rage of thy Wraih; behold every one that is proud, and bring him low, and tread down the Wicked in their Place; then will I also confess into thee, that thine owo Right Hand can Tave thec.
• God giveth Strength and Power unto his People, and in all Trials and Difficulties his Grace is sufficient for us.
c He giveth Power to the Faithful, and to them that have no Might he increaseth Strength.
ges The GOODNESS of GOD. neral.
• The Lord is good, and doth Good.
• He is good to all, and his tender Mercies are over all his Works.
f He is the Lord, which exerciseth Lovingkindness. The Earth is full of the Goodness of the Lord.
& God is Love. He is the God of Peace, the Father of Mercies, and the God of all Comfort and Consolation.
h The Goodness of God endureth continually. i There is none good but one, that is God.
Every good Gift and every perfect Gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of Lights.
b Pral. 68. 35.
2 Cor. 12.90 Job 40. 10, 11, 12, 14. c Isa. 40. 29.
c Pral. & Pral. 100. 5. Pfal. 119. 68. f Jer. 9. 24.
Pfal. 33. 5. 145. 9.
8 3 Joho 4. $. Rom. 15. 5.
bo pral. 52. 3• Rom. 15. 33.
2 Cor. 3. 3. i Mat. 19. 170 * James 3. 17.
· He openeth his Hand, and fatisfieth the Defire of every living Thing ; but his Delights are with the Sons of Men; who giveth us richty all Things to enjoy.
in God is the Father of us all ; we are all his People; and of his Fulness have we all received.
* Is he the God of the Jews only? Is he. not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also.
• He maketh his Sun to rise on the Evil and on the Good, and sendeth Rain on the Just and on the Unjuft. He is kind unto the Unthankful and to the Evii.
P He is our Shield, and our exceeding great Reward: He is our Refuge and Strength: he hath done great Things for us.
9 He hath shewn us the Path of Life, and he inclineth our Hearts unto him, to walk in his Ways.
' He is the Lord our God, which teacheth us to profit, which leadeth us by the way that we should go.
• Salvation belongeth unto the Lord; and he is a very present Help in Trouble.
' He is a Father of the Fatherless, and a Judge of the Widows. He hath prepared of his Goodness for the Poor.
* He delivereth the Poor and Needy, and him that hath no Helper. He is a Strength to him in his Distress, a Refuge from the Storm, a Shadow from the Heat.
Prov. 8. 31.
1 Tim. 6. 17. | Psal. 145. 16.
m Eph. Rom. 3. 29.
o Matt. 4. 6. Pfal. 100. z. John 1. 16.
P Gen. 15. 1.
Psal. 46. I.
Pfal. 5. 45. 9 Pral. 16. II. 1 Kings 8.' 58.
i lfa. 48. 17: · Pral. 3. 8.
Pral. Pial. 46. 1. i Plal. 68. 5, 10. 72. 12. Isa. 25. 4:
w Herein is the Love of God to Man perfected, that he spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all: who will have all Men to be saved, and to come unto the Knowledge of the Truth.
* Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with Benefits.
y God giveth to all Men liberally, and upbraideth not.
2 Behold God is mighty, and despiseth not any.
a I will be gracious, faith the Lord, to whom I will be gracious; and will shew Mercy on whom I will thew Mercy. To ebe Righ- • The Eyes of the Lord run to and
frothroughout the whole Earth, to thew himself strong in the Behalf of them whole Heart is perfect towards him. He withdraweih not his Eyes from the Righteous.
· He preventeth them with the Blessings of Goodness; and no good Thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
. If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their. Days in Prosperity, and their Years in Pleasures ; their Soul shall be at Ease.
. Thou, Lord, wilt bless the Righteous, and with Favourwilt thou compafshim as with a Shield.
f The Lord taketh Pleasure in them that fear hini, and such as are upright in their way are his Delight.
Rom. 8. 32.
1 Tim. 2. 4. w 1 John 2. 5.
x Pfal. y James 1. 5. z Job 36. 5.
a Exod. 33. 19. be
Pral. 84. II. 2 Chron. 16.g. Jub 36.7. c Pfal. 21. 3. Job 36. 11, Pfal. 25. 13. e Psal. 5. 12.
f Pral. 14; II. Prov. 11. 20.
: He will fulfil the Desire of them that fear him.
* God giveth to a Man that is good in his Sight Wisdom, and Knowledge, and Joy; and him Mall he teach in the Way that he shall choose.
i The Secret of the Lord is with them that fear him, and he will shew them his Covenant.
He will give them one Fleárt and one Way, that they may fear himn for ever, for the good of them, and of their Children after them.
| All the Paths of the Lord are Mercy and Truth, unto fuch as keep his Covenant.
m The Lord shall open unto them his good Treasure, and bless all ihe Work of their Hand.
» How great is thy Goodness, O Lord, which thou halt laid up for them that fear thee, which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thec before the Sons of Men ! Thou shalt hide them from the Pride of Man ; thou shalt keep them from the Strife of Tongues.
• The Salvation of the Righteous is of the Lord; he is their Strength in the Time of Troue ble. He shall deliver them in fix Troubles, and in seven there shall. no Evil touch them. In Famine he shall redeem thein from Death, and in War from the Power of the Sword.
He shall deliver them from the Wicked, 9 The Naine of the Lord is a ftrong Tower the Righteous runneth into it, and is safe.
& Pfal. 149. 19.
į Pral. I Pial. 23. 10.
m Deut. 28. 25. 14. '* Jes. 32. 39
O Pial. 37. 39. 18. * Pfal. 36. 19, 20.
Job 5. 19, 20. * Psal. 37. 40. Prov. 28. 10.