« EdellinenJatka »
15. And he faid, Hearken ye, all Judah, and thou King Jehoshaphat; Thus faith the LORD unto you, Be not AFRAID, nor DISMAYED by reafon of this great Multitude; for the Battle is not YOURS, but Go D's.
24. And when Judah came toward the WatchTower in the Wildernefs, they looked unto the Multitude, and behold, they were dead Bodies fallen to the Earth, and none ESCAPED.
2 Kings xix. 1. And it came to pass when King Hezekiah heard of the Words of Rabfbakeh, that he rent his Clothes, and covered himself with Sackcloth.
14. And when he had received the Letter of the Hand of the Meffengers, and read it, he went up into the House of the LORD, and fpread it before the
15. And Hezekiah PRAYED before the LORD, and faid, O LORD GOD of Ifrael, which dwelleft between the CHERUBIMS, thou art the Go D, even thou alone, of all the Kingdoms of the Earth, thou haft made Heaven and Earth.
16. LORD, BOW DOWN thine Ear, and HEAR: OPEN, LORD, thine Eyes, and SEE: and hear the Words of Sennacherib, which hath fent him to reproach the living Go D.
19. Now therefore, O LORD our Go D, I beseech thee, fave thou us out of his Hand, that all the Kingdoms of the Earth may know that thou art the LORD GOD, even thou only.
20. Then Ifaiah fent to Hezekiah, faying, Thus faith the LORD GOD of Ifrael, That which thou haft PRAYED to me against Sennacherib King of Affyria, I have HEARD.
Chap. xx. 1. In thofe Days was Hezekiah fick unto Death,
2. Then he turned his Face to the Wall, and PRAYED unto the LORD, faying,
3. I beseech thee, O LORD, remember now how I have WALKED before thee in TRUTH, and with a PERFECT HEART, and have done that which is good in thy Sight: and Hezekiah WEPT fore.
4. And it came to pafs afore Ifaiah was gone out into the middle Court, that the Word of the LORD came to him, faying,
5. Turn again, and tell Hezekiab the Captain of my People, Thus faith the LORD, the GoD of David thy Father, I have HEARD thy PRAYER, I have feen thy Tears: behold, I will HEAL thee; on the third Day thou fhalt go up unto the House of the LORD.
6. And I will add unto thy Days fifteen Years, and I will DELIVER thee, and this City, out of the Hand of the King of Affyria, and I will DEFEND this City for mine own fake, and for my Servant David's fake.
2 Chron. xxxiv. 22. And Hilkiah, and they that King Jofiah had appointed, went to Huldab the Prophetess.
23. And the answered them, Thus faith the LORD GOD of Ifrael, Tell ye the Man that fent you to me, 24. Behold, I will bring EVIL upon this Place, and upon the Inhabitants thereof:
25. Because they have forfaken me, and have burned Incense unto other Gods, that they might PROVOKE me to ANGER with all the Works of their Hands.
26. And as for the King of Judab, who fent you to inquire of the LORD, fo fhall ye fay unto him, Thus faith the LORD GOD of Ifrael, concerning the Words which thou haft heard,
27. Because thine Heart was tender, and thou didst humble thy felf before GoD, when thou heardest his Words against this Place, and against the Inhabitants thereof, and humbledft thy felf before me, and didst rend thy Clothes, and wEEP before me; I have even HEARD thee alfo, faith the LORD.
28. Behold, I will gather thee to thy Fathers, and thou fhalt be gathered to thy Grave in Peace, neither fhall thine Eyes fee all the EVIL that I will bring upon this Place, and upon the Inhabitants of the fame. So they brought the King word again.
Nehem. i. 4. And it came to pafs when I heard these Words, that I fat down and WEPT, and мOURNED certain Days, and FASTED, and PRAYED before the GOD of Heaven,
5. And faid, I beseech thee, O LORD GOD of Heaven, the great and terrible GOD, that keepeth COVENANT and MERCY for them that LOVE him, and OBSERVE his Commandments:
6. Let thine Ear now be attentive, and thine Eyes open, that thou mayft HEAR the PRAYER of thy Servant, which I PRAY before thee now, Day and Night, for the Children of Ifrael thy Servants, and CONFESS the SINS of the Children of Ifrael, which we have finned against thee: both I, and my Father's House have finned.
7. We have dealt very corruptly against thee, and have not kept the COMMANDMENTS, nor the STATUTES, nor the JUDGMENTS which thou commandedft thy Servant Mofes.
II. O LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine Ear be attentive to the PRAYER of thy Servant, and to the PRAYER of thy Servants, who DESIRE to FEAR thy Name: and profper, I pray thee, thy Servant this Day, and grant him MERCY in the Sight of this Man. For I was the King's Cupbearer.
Prov. xv. 8. The SACRIFICE of the WICKED, is an ABOMINATION to the LORD: but the PRAYER of the UPRIGHT is his DELIGHT.
29. The LORD is far from the WICKED, but he heareth the PRAYER of the RIGHTEOUS.
*King of Perfia.
Chap. xxviii. 9. He that turneth away his Ear from HEARING the LAW, even his PRAYER fhail be Abomination...
Ecclef. v. 2. Be not RASH. with thy Mouth, and let not thine Heart be HASTY to utter any thing before GOD: for GOD is in HEAVEN, and thou upon EARTH; therefore let thy WORDS be FEW.
Ifaiab xiv. 19. I have not fpoken in SECRET, in a dark Place of the Earth: I faid not unto the Seed of Jacob, SEEK ye me in VAIN.
Chap. Iv. 6. SEEK ye the LORD while he may be found; CALL ye upon him while he is near.
Jer. xxix. 12. Then fhall ye CALL upon me, and ye shall go and PRAY unto me, and I will Hearken unto
13. And ye fhall SEEK me, and find me, when ye fhall SEARCH for me with all your HEART.
Dan. vi. 10. When Daniel knew that the Writing was figned, he went into his House; and his Windows being open in his Chamber toward Jerufalem, he KNEELED upon his Knees three times a Day, and PRAYED, and gave THANKS before his Go D, as he did aforetime.
II. Then thefe Men affembled, and found Daniel PRAYING, and MAKING SUPPLICATION before his Go D.
Chap. ix. 3. And I fet my Face unto the LORD GOD, to SEEK by PRAYER and SUPPLICATIONS, with FASTING, and SACKCLOTH, and ASHES.
4. And I PRAYED unto the LORD my GoD, and made my Confeffion, and faid, O LORD, the GREAT and DREADFUL GOD, keeping the COVENANT, and MERCY to them that LOVE him, and to them that KEEP his Commandments:
17. Now therefore, O our GoD, hear the PRAYER of thy Servant, and his SUPPLICATIONS, and caufe thy Face to fhine upon thy Sanctuary that is DESOLATE, for the LORD's fake.
19. O LORD HEAR, O LORD FORGIVE, O LORD HEARKEN and Do; defer not, for thine own fake, O my GOD: for thy City, and thy People are called by thy Name.
21. Whiles I was fpeaking in PRAYER, even the Man Gabriel, whom I had feen in the Vifion at the Beginning, being caufed to fly fwiftly, touched me about the Time of the Evening Oblation.
Hofea vii. 14. They have not CRIED unto me with their HEART, when they HOWLED upon their Beds.
Jonab ii. 7. When my SOUL FAINTED within me, I remembred the LORD, and my PRAYER came in unto thee, into thine holy Temple.
Chap. iii. 8. But let Man and Beast be covered with Sackcloth, and CRY mightily unto GOD; yea, let them turn every one from his EVIL WAY, and from the V10LENCE that is in their Hands.
9. Who can tell if GoD will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce ANGER, that we PERISH
10. And GOD faw their Works, that they turned from their EVIL WAY, and GOD repented of the EVIL that he had faid that he would do unto them, and he did it not.
Zeph. ii. 3. SEEK ye the LORD, all ye MEEK of the Earth, which have wrought his JUDGMENT, SEEK RIGHTEOUSNESS, SEEK MEEKNESS: it may be, ye fhall be HID in the Day of the LORD's Anger.